Test Specialist – Lead
Company: mPower Software Services
Location: Baltimore, MD
Type: Full time
Duties / Responsibilities
- Lead a team of Testing Specialists performing manual and/or automation testing, direct the work of the testing team as they design and execute tests and evaluate results.
- Utilize performance testing techniques such as performance modeling, establishing baselines, services monitoring, and profiling system performance.
- Use performance tools and techniques such as JMeter, Gatling, BlazeMeter, or similar tools to simulate large enterprise environments.
- Prepare test scripts and all required test documentation, design and prepare all needed test data, review test results, and evaluate for conformance to design.
- Translate verbal and written requirements/functional specifications into effective test cases/scenarios to conduct integrated, scenario-based User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of a complex healthcare system.
- Create test cases to be used in testing business applications to verify that stakeholder requirements are incorporated into the system design.
- Develop and identify test data for test scenarios.
- Execute test cases and document the results of the execution.
- Document defects identified during test case execution and work with developers to resolve the defects.
- Create a test plan and a test calendar to coordinate testing within the project and establish timelines for successful completion.
- Prepare time estimates and justification for assigned tasks.
- Work with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to resolve issues and validate requirements.
- Conduct quality assurance activities such as peer reviews of test cases, test plans, and test case execution results.
- Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities.
Note: The candidate must have the flexibility to work overtime, as needed, including weekends, holidays, and off-hours.
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience in User Acceptance Testing.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience leading teams of software testers.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience writing SQL queries with strong knowledge of database concepts.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in developing automated scripts for RESTful services and integrating them with Jenkins/GIT.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in testing websites across multiple browsers, testing web services, back-end processing, and data validation utilizing SQL.
- Strong testing and analytical skills with keen attention to detail.
- Experience in leading Quality Assurance (QA) related functions.
- Proven experience working effectively and collaboratively with stakeholders from multiple functional teams in an organization.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience as a JAVA/Web application tester on complex and dynamic, multi-agency technology projects within the healthcare industry.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience leading teams of software testers performing manual and/or automation testing.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in the development of automation scripts using Selenium, Selenium Web Driver, QTP, Python, or similar tools.
- Hands-on experience with backend database testing on SQL, PostgreSQL, or any other enterprise database systems.
- Strong technical testing skills using SQL to perform complex DB queries.
- Experience with defect-tracking/management tools such as JIRA.
- Experience in testing or supporting State-Based Marketplace or healthcare systems.
- Experience with EDI 834 and Medicaid 8001 transactions.
- Demonstrated experience with industry-standard Quality Assurance best practices for Agile and Iterative SDLCs, testing methodologies, version control systems, implementation, and deployment activities.
- Experience in system testing, data warehouse migration, data integrity testing, and data transformation-related testing.
Get Notified of New Job Postings
mPower Job Alerts
View mPower Jobs On