Test Specialist – Automation
Company: mPower Software Services
Location: Baltimore, MD
Type: Full time
Duties / Responsibilities
- Perform software validation and testing, write test cases, map requirements to test scenarios, validate functionality, perform regression testing, integration testing, interface testing, and testing of downstream functions.
- Prepare any required test documentation, design and prepare test data, review test results, and evaluate for conformance with design.
- Translate verbal and written requirements and functional specifications into effective test cases and test scenarios to conduct integrated, scenario-based User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of complex health exchange systems.
- Develop and identify test data for test scenarios.
- Execute test cases and document the results of the test execution.
- Document defects identified during test case execution and work with developers to resolve the defects.
- Create test plans and test calendars to coordinate testing tasks and establish timelines.
- Utilize performance testing techniques such as performance modeling, establishing baselines, services monitoring, and profiling system performance.
- Use performance tools such as JMeter, Gatling, BlazeMeter, or similar tools to simulate usage/load of large enterprise environments.
- Perform API services testing using the ReadyAPI tool or similar tools.
- Work with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to resolve issues and validate requirements.
- Conduct quality assurance activities such as peer reviews of test cases, test plans, and test case execution results.
- Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities.
Note: The candidate must be flexible to work overtime, on-site/off-site, as needed, including weekends, holidays, and off-hours.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience creating test scripts for microservices/API using Newman or equivalent.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience developing BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber or equivalent.
- Experience in prioritizing and tagging the application features for smoke, regression, and load testing.
- Experience in developing and enhancing functional test automation frameworks and publishing coverage reports.
- Expertise in automation testing tools like Playwright, Selenium, Cucumber, or equivalent.
- Experience in Sauce Labs or similar tools.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Java/Web application tester.
- Hands-on experience developing automation scripts using Selenium, Selenium Web Driver, QTP, Python, or similar tools.
- Knowledge of database concepts and experience in writing SQL queries.
- Experience developing automated scripts for RESTful services and integrating them with Jenkins/GIT.
- Experience in testing websites across multiple browsers, web services, back-end processing, and data validation utilizing SQL.
- Experience with backend database testing on SQL, PostgreSQL, or any other enterprise database systems.
- Experience in performing Robotic Process Automation (RPA) related test automation, scenario testing, human-in-the-loop analysis, scripting, and testing.
- Ability to use SQL to perform complex DB queries.
- Experience in mobile testing, system testing, data migration testing, data integrity testing, and data transformation-related testing.
- Experience with industry-standard Quality Assurance best practices for Agile and Iterative SDLCs, testing methodologies, version control systems, implementation, and deployment activities.
Get Notified of New Job Postings
mPower Job Alerts
View mPower Jobs On