Senior Systems Architect
Company: mPower Software Services
Location: Baltimore, MD
Type: Full time
Duties / Responsibilities
- Architect systems, applications, infrastructure, DevOps, Cloud, database, and data models to build enterprise system architectures.
- Develop and implement plans for migrating architectures.
- Develop technical reference models to include hardware and software standards.
- Implement integrated software, hardware, cloud, and mobile solutions to meet system requirements.
- Provide architecture recommendations for web application technologies and middleware solutions.
- Lead architecture review of applications and integrations to ensure security compliance.
- Perform periodic reviews of cloud infrastructure and Integrations to ensure platform standards are met.
- Provide recommendations on usage optimizations and cost reduction strategies for infrastructure and product deployments.
- Collaborate and consult with infrastructure and system operations teams to help automate the end-to-end operations of applications and systems in AWS Cloud.
- Architect, design, build, maintain, document, and automate technical processes and operations using AWS cloud services.
- Develop standards and codebase to monitor and alert various cloud-based systems and applications to help ensure Service Level Agreements and other performance metrics are met.
- Monitor systems performance, troubleshoot errors, and debug.
- Provide direction and supervision to the IT team members in implementing coding strategies, system development processes, architectural planning, system integration testing, and implementation.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of system architecture, provide innovative code development approaches, and support programming, database development, and application integration efforts.
- Provide direction and support for all system testing efforts, including unit testing, load testing, end-to-end testing, validation testing, and user acceptance testing.
- Work with developers to define, build consensus around, and implement enterprise systems and application architectures to ensure performance, scalability, maintainability, extensibility, and application integration with external systems.
- Adhere to all security, change control, and client Project Management Office (PMO) policies, processes, and methodologies.
Note: The candidate must be flexible to work overtime as needed, including weekends, holidays, and off-hours.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience architecting large-scale Java enterprise solutions.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Systems Architect or as a Solutions Expert architecting, designing, and developing or supporting federal or state-based marketplaces or complex health and human services systems.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a complex environment building WebService-enabled applications (SOAP and RESTful).
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a complex environment utilizing Java/J2EE, Spring, Struts, Hibernate, ETL tools such as Informatica, and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience with PostgreSQL/SQL databases and establishing data warehouses or supporting data integration solutions.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience with tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket, Jira, GIT, etc.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in document management systems.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience with Cloud infrastructure on AWS (Amazon Web Services) and computing AMI virtual machines on Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience implementing DevOps and performing continuous integration (CI) and Continuous deployment (CD) processes.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience as a Systems Architect or Solutions Expert architecting, designing, developing, and/or supporting federal or state-based marketplace systems or complex health and human services systems or applications.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience with Integrated Eligibility, Affordable Care Act, or similar large Health and Human Service enterprise-level systems and applications.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience with EDI transaction sets such as 834/8001, 999, and TA1, SOA, EDI, and EAI Applications.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with 270/271 Health Care Eligibility Benefit Inquiry and Response transactions.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience working with architecture, design, and implementation of systems and applications using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience maintaining Corticon implementations catering to complex business rules.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience providing enterprise database solutions, data lake architecture, or data warehouse management support.
- A minimum of five (5) years of hands-on troubleshooting skills for Middleware, Network, and Security components.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in iOS or Android application development with experience in deploying and managing mobile applications on the App Store and Google Play Store or using React JS framework.
- Ability to create or understand UNIX Shell scripts and python scripts to automate repetitive tasks such as logs cleanup and error log monitoring.
- Ability to install and configure or support Infrastructure/Integration Services such as Squid Proxy Server, SFTP, SMTP, etc.
- Ability to architect and secure middleware components following CIS Standards and Implement SSL between client, web server, and application server on a multi-security certificate layered system.
- Experience installing, configuring, and monitoring Sailpoint IdentityIQ, ForgeRock OpenAM, Open ID connect Kong API Gateway, and Akamai WAF through Akamai Kona Site Defender Content or equivalent technologies.
- Experience with installing, configuring, managing, upgrading, and maintaining the JBoss EAP, Apache Tomcat server, Corticon, Fuse ESB, and Apache HTTP server.
- Ability to architect, analyze, and monitor infrastructure and application performance using New Relic and Splunk.
- Experience working with the Project Management Office (PMO) processes, policies, and procedures.
Get Notified of New Job Postings
mPower Job Alerts
View mPower Jobs On