Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Hybrid - Philadelphia and Remote
Type: Full time
- Work with Subject Matter Experts, Project Managers and other Project Team Members to gather system requirements and any other pertinent documentation necessary to conduct SQA activities. Review and analyze System Requirements Specifications for completeness, consistency, and clarity.
- Design and deliver comprehensive Test Plans to outline Test Strategy, Test Objectives, Software Test Estimation to reflect the Resources (manpower, software, hardware) required to complete the Test, Test Schedule, and Test Deliverables.
- Design and develop Test Cases and Test Scripts for the System, Integration, Regression, Acceptance and Performance testing.
- Prepare, analyze and maintain Test Data; execute Test Scripts and perform other required Verification and Validation Activities in accordance with the Test Plan; conduct Ad hoc and Exploratory testing, when applicable. Document test execution results.
- Identify, log and manage Project Issues and Software Defects; conduct Defects Reviews with Software Developers, Subject Matter Experts, Project Managers and other members of the Project Team to monitor Defects resolution and disposal. Prepare Defects Summary reports to reflect the total number of reported defects, status of defects (open, closed, rejected. etc), and the number of defects in different statuses ordered by the defects severity and priority.
- Prepare comprehensive Test Status Reports that include Requirements Traceability Matrix, a summary of performed test activities, and the final test results.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the Software Development Lifecycle. Design, track and collect metrics to monitor project and product quality. Ensure the delivered products meet Customer’s expectations.
- Make recommendations to improve quality of products, processes and services.
- Perform other duties and activities as specified by the Quality Assurance Manager.
Minimum Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in Quality Assurance and Testing methodologies.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience working with automated test tools (i.e. Quality Center/ALM, Unified Functional Testing (Quick Test Professional), Performance Center (Load Runner), etc.)
- Minimum 1 year of programming experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the utility field/operations a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science or related area of study, or demonstrated equivalent work experience, required.
Get Notified of New Job Postings
mPower Job Alerts
View mPower Jobs On