Java Web Developer
Location: Central/South New Jersey
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Code/build application solutions from specifications provided by Requirements Analysts and Application Integration Architect.
- Develop and execute unit tests and functional test coverage for assigned coding changes to ensure code quality.
- Perform testing of application software modifications utilizing various programming platforms and productivity tools and review results for accuracy.
- Perform coding and testing in multiple systems and/or processes.
- Follow processes and procedures to ensure the quality of technical solutions.
- Lead and/or provide assistance with presentations in code reviews.
- Participate in broader technical reviews used to detect defects in requirements, design, code, test cases, or other project artifacts.
- Perform documentation of all code changes.
- Support Senior Developers in compiling detailed activity task management including recording work effort and providing estimates of time to complete tasks.
- Support Senior Developers in the design and development of proof of concept and prototype application environments.
- Develop and maintain code repositories according to established version management approaches and methods as defined.
- Follow code construction fundamentals for coding practices, guideline for use of data, control-related concepts, and error-detection practices
- Assist in identification and evaluation of risks; participate in mitigation and control activities.
- Provide on-call support in support of systems and applications in production.
- Perform production support activities including incident and problem management, code corrections, upgrades and patches
- Software Development Tools and Programming Languages
- Software development principles, practices and concepts
- Object Oriented (OO) concepts and how they apply to design, architecture and application development
- Uniform Modeling Language (UML) for system design
- Relational Database Management Systems; DB2 and SQL Server
- Extensible Markup Language (XML) / Extensible Stylesheet Langue (XSLT)
- Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and Web services (REST, SOAP)
- IBM WebSphere Application Server
- IBM MQ Series
- Web Security (keys, certificates, trusts, etc.)
- Source code management tools (Subversion) Java Specific
- Java/Java EE
- Spring Framework
- Model View Controller (MVC) Framework(s)
- Distributed Java technologies like Message-Driven Bean (MDB) and Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB)
- Eclipse and Eclipse based tools, such as Rational Software Architect (RSA)
- Apache Maven
- Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML)
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- ColdFusion Components
- ColdFusion Builder
- Development of Integrated Voice Response (IVR) applications
- Intervoice Development Studio Interaction Composer
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/MIS, Engineering, or related field and three plus years of programing experience or the equivalent combination of skills, experience, and certification with experience.
Get Notified of New Job Postings
mPower Job Alerts
View mPower Jobs On