Java Applications Developer
Company: mPower Software Services
Location: Baltimore, MD
Type: Full time
Duties / Responsibilities
- Design, develop, enhance, maintain, fix, and support enterprise systems and applications of client technology platforms utilizing open-source driven enterprise architecture, Java/J2EE, Angular, PHP, HTML, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, RESTful API, JBoss EAP, and other technologies.
- Interface with business, and IT teams to understand and translate business requirements into formal technical specifications and application codes.
- Develop and execute quality unit tests, integration plans, and scripts to validate that application changes meet technical specifications.
- Work with testing and business teams to complete acceptance testing and contribute to integration, performance, and other testing functions.
- Participate in technical reviews at various stages of software and application development.
- Adhere to all security, Project Management Office (PMO), change control, work management, service delivery policies, processes, tools, and methodologies.
Note: The candidate must be flexible to work overtime as needed, including weekends, holidays, and off-hours.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in Java EE development and maintenance of enterprise applications.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience developing SQL Queries for relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, or other enterprise databases.
- A minimum of four (4) years of hands-on experience integrating Java-based applications with MongoDB, SQL, NoSQL, or other enterprise databases.
- A minimum of two (2) years of hands-on experience developing Java-based REST API with tooling such as Spring-REST, Struts, or equivalent.
- Proven experience designing and working with n-tier architecture and microservices-based applications (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer).
- Proven strong analytical and debugging skills.
A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the Information Technology field developing, enhancing, maintaining, or supporting Java EE technology-based public-facing complex applications.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in Eclipse IDE, SVN/GIT, Java/J2EE, Spring/Struts/JPA/Hibernate, Web Services, and Enterprise Service Bus.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience developing secure Java-based REST APIs such as Spring REST and working with various technical teams to integrate the APIs with front-end applications.
- A minimum of five (5) years of front-end integration experience working with development, testing, and leading technical initiatives revamping technology solutions and adopting responsive design standards using Angular and React JS.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience with SQL Stored Procedures and complex SQL queries using relational databases.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience providing technical support designing, developing, enhancing, or maintaining health insurance marketplace, health, and human services, integrated eligibility, or equivalent complex public-facing applications.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience with build and deployment processes and using tools such as Maven, ANT, and Jenkins.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in Implementing Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) using JBoss Fuse ESB.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience with Angular JS technology.
- Experience working with code security scanner software such as Veracode, AppScan, and Fortify and performing vulnerability fixes to Java applications.
- Knowledge of SOA, microservices architecture, and web services internals.
- Knowledge of REST API and web services internals, including API security, Web Services security, and JSON/XML Schema development.
- Familiarity with various traditional and innovative project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycles.
- Experience with Agile software development practices.
- Knowledge of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) eligibility rules for Medicaid and Qualified Health Plans.
- Experience with or knowledge of Medicaid 8001 file processing or other inter-agency transactional file processing.
- Experience with EDI 834 enrollment transactions, including Adds, Changes, Terminations, Cancellations, and error processing.
- Experience working with the Project Management Office (PMO) processes, policies, and procedures.
Get Notified of New Job Postings
mPower Job Alerts
View mPower Jobs On