UX/UI Web Designer
Location: Windsor Mill, MD
The User Interface (UI) /User Experience (UX) Web Designer will be responsible for the user interface design of our customer-facing applications and websites. Will have business knowledge that provides the ability, when given business objectives and requirements for any project, to translate these into a cohesive and usable end product. Note: This position is not a Web Designer or Web Developer; candidate must have hands-on experience with Axure and/or Balsamiq in order to be considered.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for a full lifecycle of Responsive design: content-first design, logic flows, storyboards, personas, wireframes, low fidelity mock-ups, sitemaps, high fidelity prototypes, and UI specifications, to provide end-to-end dynamic, database driven design flows
- Construct page design using prototyping tools such as Axure or Balsamiq.
- Working in an Agile Software Development environment, team with product owners, business analysts, and product development to clarify and define business requirements as they apply to the UI.
- Craft UX engagements, particularly in a graphical user interface (GUI) environment, that exceed customer expectations by partnering with key product stakeholders to understand and support product business goals, advocating human-centered design (HCD) industry best practices
- Analyze available usage metrics for trends, patterns, issues, and opportunities for UX optimization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Computer Engineering, or other related field or 6 years of equivalent experience
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- 6 years of experience User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) Design for dynamic, database or bootstrap driven web sites and Content Management Systems
- Hands-on experience with Axure and/or Balsamiq
- Thorough knowledge of human-centered design (HCD) patterns and best practices
- 2 years of experience with tools like Jenkins, GitHub, Jira, Confluence and SharePoint
- 2 years of experience incorporating reliable unit and end-to-end testing to UI frameworks
- Experience in web design and front end development using HTML, XHTML, CSS, Java Scripts and jQuery
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and possess expert debugging skills with UI related issues
- Working knowledge of Government regulations, including Section 508 compliance and accessibility
- Experience with developing themes and skins
Get Notified of New Job Postings
mPower Job Alerts
View mPower Jobs On