Sr. Network Engineer
Company: mPower Software Servives
Location: Linwood, NJ
Type: CONTRACT / DIRECT HIRE
Experience: 15 YEARS
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
We are looking to hire a Network Engineer to support client in Linwood NJ. Once hired, the person will evaluate current FAA networks and provide design recommendations to evolve the FAA’s current network to a modernized network infrastructure that supports scientific data processing and management. Previous experience designing Internet Information Services (IIS) and SQL Server environments are required. Once recommendations are approved, person will lead implementation of network modernization activities. Person will also be required to provide network administration functions as required through the implementation and modernization.
The hired person will be responsible for overall network evolution, management and administration of the FAA’s networks that support the Airport Technology Research & Development (ATRD) program in Linwood, NJ. Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate with both FAA and client researchers to understand current network requirements and shortfalls.
- Develop design recommendations for a modernized network that supports user requirements and lead implementation activities as approved.
- Coordinate with FAA network security group to resolve network issues, vulnerabilities, apply/renew license, and other related tasks as required.
- Implement a disaster recovery plan covering backup, restore, repair, and procedures taken during an unexpected event of the network and supported websites. Establishes and maintains explicit strategies for server operations to ensure continuity of business operations and timely recovery in the event of disaster.
- Provide efficient and effective Operations Support of all supported network servers, both physical and virtual, as necessary in order to meet or exceed expected operational availability and performance requirements. As required, perform regular network administration duties, including maintain backup logs, scan for suspected activities, manage users and databases, and resolve any issues and problems in websites. Handle user support as requested.
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedures for operation, maintenance, and repair of supported network servers.
- Ensures effective change and configuration management of all supported servers in order to establish and maintain consistency of each server’s performance and its functional and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information throughout its life.
- Collects, stores, and analyzes data relevant to monitored servers in order to perform and report accurate root causal analysis of all related issues and support trend analysis and forecasting.
- Contract Requirements: Must have at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or can use years of experience to make up for lack of degree
- 15 years’ experience in information systems, with the focus on servers, operating system, and network administration, security, and engineering. Certifications can be used in lieu of years of experience
- Must have experience with servers/operating system/network and security infrastructure design and installation, information security regulations and configuration.
- Must be proficient with IIS, SQL Server, current operating systems and network. Familiarity with the FAA Headquarters and Technical Center network environments, policies, procedures and personnel highly desired.
Get Notified of New Job Postings
mPower Job Alerts
View mPower Jobs On