Location: Ewing, NJ
The Solution Architect will identify and execute on strategies that enhance the value of the department’s technology solutions that position the company favorably for growth. The Solution Architect will work with a cross functional team in planning, developing and implementing initiatives around both new and existing technology products alike. He or she will be responsible for managing the life cycle and portfolio of the department’s technology initiatives, and must have a proven background in successfully delivering technology initiatives. The position will require demonstrated experience in managing software vendors.
- Translate department vision into roadmap items and technical solutions.
- Define, manage, and implement roadmap items
- Provide technical guidance and consulting from strategy to planning to issue resolution
- Be a resource for system design, liaise between MIS and business teams
- Review technical events, issues, and problems as contributions to ‘continuous improvement’ revisions to the technical strategy
- Communicate business objectives and requirements to software vendors and internal development teams clearly and effectively.
- Formulate business requirements and specifications.
- Use and develop SME knowledge to understand business objectives and evaluate requirements, conduct functional design and gap analysis across data warehouse, reports, dashboards, and metrics
- Explain existing system capabilities to key business users. Leverage existing capabilities into solutions
- Assist in the formulation of business requirements and guidelines for technical resources. Become the business SME representative for technical questions
- Serve as a liaison to the business area to incorporate technical requirements into business needs
- Defining scope and requirements, isolating key issues, reviewing possible solutions, and presenting recommendations
- Work with the development, architects, QA, and business teams to implement new solutions and enhancements to existing solutions
- Review documentation provided by the vendor and internal technical analysis teams for technical accuracy in meeting the business needs
- Understand and mitigate the technical design on security, performance and data privacy through reviews of proposed configurations and system implementations
- Ability to work collaboratively with IT and business leadership to contribute to strategy and implement it successfully
- Minimum 5 years of Technology Systems experience.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated expertise delivering technology solutions in a cross-functional environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives.
- Proven ability to work independently and interface with all levels and functions of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate communications across cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and implement tactical programs with key internal partners and vendors.
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding and deadline-driven environment with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and relationships.
- Desire to roll up sleeves and get your hands dirty.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, highly motivated, “get-the-job-done” type.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Get Notified of New Job Postings
mPower Job Alerts
View mPower Jobs On