Senior Computer Security Specialist
Location: Arlington, VA
In this role, you will apply your understanding of computer security, military system specifications, and Department of Defense Information Assurance (DoD) (IA) policies, in the execution of all aspects of the systems and their Cybersecurity posture. You would be responsible for DoD Information Assurance Risk Management Framework (DIARMF), and the implementation of Cyber Security and IA boundary defense techniques, various IA-enabled network technologies and appliances to facilitate certification and security engineering tasks in support of the customer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities;
- Provide patches and updates to all BIG IP/F5s in enterprise environment
- Perform necessary inspections and verification of security settings on BIG IP/F5 equipment (perform Secure Technical Implementation Guide) STIGs
- Author DoD IA Assessment and Authorization (A&A) artifacts.
- Document a system from an IA perspective
- Derive, document and/or identify system CONOPS for Mission Assurance Categorization per DoDI 8500.2
- Lead the research, recommend and document logical and physical solutions that prevent, detect and correct the system to be certified and accredited
- Research and apply DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and NSA recommendations
- Lead the identification of disagreements between as built specifications, security requirements and DoD security policies and design implementations to bring the system into compliance.
- Plan, develop, execute and document results of security test procedures
- Lead the preparation and execution an Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Plan
- Lead the preparation and production of a System Security Plan (SSP)
- Lead the preparation of a Plan Of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
- Lead the technical support effort in identifying and specifying requirements and performing risk assessments
- Lead or Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Ensure IT solutions meet requirements for security, availability, capacity, resiliency, and performance in a way that is efficient and supportable, reducing overall support costs
- Understand industry leading solutions and trends for assigned technologies and applying those as appropriate
- Understand business needs and partnering with appropriate IT counterparts to recommend technology solutions
- Establish and maintain an IT multi-year strategy with a focus on continuous improvement. Create and maintain solutions architecture artifacts and other strategy and system documentation
- Use tools such as Host Based Security System (HBSS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Junos Space, Cisco Prime and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline a
- Four (4) years’ experience (in addition to minimum experience requirements) may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- A Master’s degree may be substituted for two (2) years’ experience; or a doctoral degree may be substituted for three (3) years’ experience.
Get Notified of New Job Postings
mPower Job Alerts
View mPower Jobs On